2008 Suzuki Reno engine NHTSA complaints: Engine

NHTSA — Engine Problems

3.4

2008 Suzuki Reno engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki Reno:

2008 Suzuki Reno Owner Comments

Oct 192014

Reno

Transmission has trouble switching gears, odometer scrambles when switching from park to drive, odometer reads as being in reverse when it's in park, and when it switches gears it switches hard and struggles to accelerate.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jun 232014

Reno

Car is having trouble when switching into gear as well as reverse and driving is very slow and restrained. The problem is so often on forums, it is strange this has not been recalled. Expensive to fix and seems to be a manufacturing fault/cheap part. Auto scanner said part is the transmission sensor.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 212013

Reno 4-cyl

I was driving my 2008 Suzuki Reno on the road on my way to work when the car started to slow down despite me trying to give it gas, and the check engine light appeared. I pulled over and put the car in park and turned it off for a moment. I turned the car back on and the check engine light remained on. When trying to shift back into drive, my car jolted and an X appeared over the D where the gears are located. Frightened, I turned the car off again and called the dealership, who told me to bring it in. They explained it was the transmission range sensor is going to cost me $200 to replace it because the warranty wont cover it. I highly believe it should be cover or do a recall on it.I give thanks to god I wasn't injured or I injure some one else please take me to consideration. Thank you and god bless you.

- Vista, CA, USA

Jul 032009

Reno

Driving down the road going 50 mphs the engine light comes on loses all power goes into lump home mode. Took it to the shop and replaced the throttle position sensor. 3 months later light comes back on take it back to the dealership and this time it is the same thing they did a transmission flush and replaced the sensor again. 3 months later the same thing happened again this time its the throttle pedal position sensor. It keeps doing the same thing every couple of months. Expensive fix everytime. I have the extended warranty and it doesn't help.

- Athens, AL, USA