NHTSA — Steering Problems

2008 Suzuki Reno steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki Reno:

2008 Suzuki Reno Owner Comments

Oct 212013

Reno 4-cyl

I was driving my 2008 Suzuki Reno on the road on my way to work when the car started to slow down despite me trying to give it gas, and the check engine light appeared. I pulled over and put the car in park and turned it off for a moment. I turned the car back on and the check engine light remained on. When trying to shift back into drive, my car jolted and an X appeared over the D where the gears are located. Frightened, I turned the car off again and called the dealership, who told me to bring it in. They explained it was the transmission range sensor is going to cost me $200 to replace it because the warranty wont cover it. I highly believe it should be cover or do a recall on it.I give thanks to god I wasn't injured or I injure some one else please take me to consideration. Thank you and god bless you.

- Vista, CA, USA