NHTSA — Power Train Problems

CarComplaints.com Notes: Marginal crash test ratings from the IIHS, leave us feeling a little unsure about this car.

4.4

2012 Suzuki SX4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Suzuki SX4:

2012 Suzuki SX4 Owner Comments

Mar 282016

SX4

I had my car repaired in a recall in Jan 2015 (its code is vl). After about one month I found sometimes it was difficult to move the stick out of park. It was a random issue so I didn't take it serious at that time. Recently the issue happens more frequently. I called Suzuki customer service on March 28, 2016 and they told me to have the car diagnosed at a local authorized dealer. I went to the dealer on the same day. The dealer told me the part that was replaced in the recall in Jan 2015 needs to be replaced again, but it already passed the warranty which is one year. I called the Suzuki customer service again and they gave me the same answer: They warranty on that part already expired. I just find on the natsa website Suzuki released a revised document (rcorrd-14V811-4872.pdf) on Feb 18, 2015 saying they "have received reports of shifting difficulty in some SX4 vehicles after the recall repair has been performed." And they released a revised technical service bulletin (rcrit-14V811-3386.pdf) on Feb 27, 2015. My car was repaired in Jan, 2015, and after that I did not recevie any notice about the revised technical service bulletin. I think the car issue I am having is due to they did not follow the revised technical service bulletin. And I think Suzuki should repair it at no charge. Thanks

- Provo, UT, USA

Jul 102015

SX4

The contact owns a 2012 Suzuki SX4. The contact stated that the gear shift failed to switch into the park position without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V811000 (power train), but the failure recurred. In addition, while driving at various speeds, the steering wheel was difficult to maneuver without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V587000 (steering). The failure mileage was 76,502.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012015

SX4

The contact owns a 2012 Suzuki SX4. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number:14V811000 (power train) and stated that the parts were unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer stated that there were only five parts a month being received. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sunrise, FL, USA