Fan Bearing Failed, Ruined Radiator

1. bought a new car (1 reports)
1997 Suzuki Sidekick cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Suzuki Sidekick:

1997 Suzuki Sidekick Owner Comments

Nov 042000

Sidekick 4 Dr Sport JLX 1.8L I4

Had the radio blaring, enjoying my tunes when suddenly the car stopped dead in its tracks on the highway while it was raining profusely & I was dressed in my tux, going to a special dinner. Had to get it towed a long way since there was only one Suzuki dealership in the state.

Dealer said the bearing on the fan failed, sending the fan into the radiator, which eventually caused 3 out of 4 cylinders blown from overheating. No warning lights ever came on.

Suzuki wouldn't cover it unless I had all repair records, which I didn't have because it was a used car, so I ended up selling it at a huge loss & got a new car. Never buying Suzuki again & will never stray from the blue book. Wife now thinks I can't pick cars out, will never live this down, ever.

- , Greensboro, NC, USA