NHTSA — Tires Problems

5.1

2004 Suzuki Verona wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Suzuki Verona:

2004 Suzuki Verona Owner Comments

Aug 172007

Verona

I purchased my 2004 Suzuki Verona on Jan. 30, 2007. From the second day I own it, it has made noise like it was a diesel engine. I was told that the ticking sound coming from the top end of the motor was normal, that it was the self adjusting cam gears. I could hear a rod knocking in the lower end of the motor but no one at the service department could hear it and their trained to hear these type of things. Suzuki supposedly rebuilt the top end of the motor but the ticking continued. They then were supposedly to have replaced the short block ( the lower end of the motor) but the rod continues to knock to this day. The car has died at speeds between 35 mph up to 70 mph. It died one day as I was making a left hand turn and I was barely able to avoid being broad sided by an on-coming vehicle where my mother could have been injured or killed. The car also surges forward sometimes when trying to stop or sitting still. It dies sometimes at take off causing me to nearly be rear ended quit a few times. I sued Suzuki for breech of warranty and even though I did not get awarded what they should have had to pay, they did pay, admitting guilt. Suzuki lies about work performed, they avoid doing work that is necessary. And then they deny all previous lies that they have told. And they claim to have one of the best warranties in America.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 072006

Verona

2004 Verona's right rear tire blewout. The vehicle spun off the right side of the road and struck the guardrail. The front of the vehicle sustained damage. The windshield was cracked from the driver's head impacting it but he claimed he was not hurt.

- Lorain, OH, USA