NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock Problems

2.9

2005 Suzuki Verona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Suzuki Verona:

2005 Suzuki Verona Owner Comments

Apr 262007

Verona 6-cyl

The Suzuki Verona had brake failure numerous times. The first incident happened during the week of April 26, 2007. The brakes would not function and made a loud sound and vibrated. I had to pump on them to get the car to stop. The ABS light came on at this time. I immediately took it to the repair shop, and they told me the brakes and rotors needed to be replaced. They replaced the brakes, but the ABS light came on again. Next, I took it to the dealer who said that the ABS sensor needed to be replaced, but that this was not the cause of the brakes not making the car stop. I was told that they) did not know why the brakes were not functioning properly. Since then, there have been numerous occurrences where the brakes wouldn't function properly, and in some cases didn't work when the brakes were pumped" either. At this point, I am afraid to drive the car because I feel an accident was inevitable.

- York, PA, USA