NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems

2007 Suzuki XL7 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Suzuki XL7:

2007 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Jun 052007

XL7 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Suzuki XL7. The contact started the ignition and all of the doors automatically locked and could not be unlocked. After three attempts, the doors were eventually unlocked by a person on the exterior of the vehicle using the key fob. The vehicle was not diagnosed for the malfunction. The contact had not notified the manufacturer of the one time occurrence. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000. Updated 12/20/11 updated 01/19/12

- Inverness, FL, USA

Mar 312010

I am the original owner of a 2007 Suzuki XL7. Due to disabilities in the family I put several miles on this vehicle. From the beginning I have several issues w/this vehicle. Because of Suzuki's lack of concern/interest I have decided to make formal complaints about the "safety" issues today. If I was to list all problems with this vehicle I would be here all day. Out of 4 passenger windows we currently have only 2 functioning. When diagnosed I was told that one window was the motor and the other was electrical. After paying $76 to the dealership to identify the electrical problem they told me that they would need at least an additional hour (additional $76) to find the wiring problem. I declined. I have made several calls to Suzuki, about their product, to which they have replied I have too many miles on my car and they will do nothing for me. Also, the latches that fold the middle seats down often stick. At any given time you can go to pull one up so as to fold the middle seats and they will not budge! we have already had this issue addressed way back in the beginning of owning the vehicle. When we brought it back in to have the multiple issues addressed (something Suzuki suggested we do to see if we could help) we were told that "they would need to be taken apart to see what the problem was". for a cost, of course. We do not let our daughters ride in the third row seating for fear that if something happened they could not get out!! Suzuki's rep (who I was told was on vacation and didn't know when he could consider our issues) quickly emailed back to the dealer "too many miles, not going to help". I cannot even begin to afford the multiple problems w/this car and the value has decreased so that trading it in is just not an option. My concern is that I drive my children in this car daily and everytime I hope and pray nothing major happens. My children now call the car the "lemon" or the "beater". as they too are well aware of all the problems w/the vehicle.

- West Swanzey, NH, USA

May 262008

In 2007 we purchased a new 2007 XL7 Suzuki. It now has 14,000 miles and is falling apart. First the luggage rack came loose- never had used it- I fixed this my self. Next the vanity mirror on the sun visor broke off. Now the drivers side door handle has falling off. All of this and every couple of weeks the check engine light comes on for a few days then goes off- the gas cap is not loose ! for the cost this car retails for you think it would last more than 1 or 2 years.

- Shelby, NC, USA