NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

3.1

2007 Suzuki XL7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Suzuki XL7:

2007 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Feb 152013

XL7 6-cyl

2007 XL7 has the service traction control, service stability control, and engine reduced power, dashboard warnings on: Story; 02/15 I was driving my 2007 XL7 and the brake pedal got very sensitive and short and tight-quick gripping/biting. I had to touch it extremely lightly when stopping. A few minutes later the car started to tug, and pull back and just created resistance against me when I wanted to give it gas. It was similar to bad gas, like missing and sputtering, but it was different because the car was giving me resistance, not just losing power, I thought that the brakes were trying to seize up. After a stop light, I headed up a hill and the car just fought me down to a dead stop.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

XL7

My speedometer reads a different speed some times when I'm driving it will say 110 miles an hour when I'm driving only 30 miles per hour. Some times it will stick on at 55 miles per hour. Some times it just won't read at all while I'm driving it will be stuck in 0 miles per hour.

Dec 312009

XL7

Throttle sticks wide-open on 2007 Suzuki XL7 under passing situations.

- Pine, CO, USA