2008 Suzuki XL7 engine problems: timing chain stretched prematurely

Timing Chain Stretched Prematurely

2008 Suzuki XL7

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Suzuki dealer.

9.0

$1,500.00

1. engine was replaced (1 reports)
  3. replace 3 timing chains (1 reports)
  4. replace timing chain (1 reports)
2008 Suzuki XL7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki XL7:

2008 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Jul 072015

XL7 Premium 3.6L

With under 85k miles on it, and under 10 years old, the timing chain stretched prematurely, and after calling the 'authorized service center' I found out that the warranty would not cover it. I soon took it to the mechanic, and was quoted $500 for the parts plus work. After finding another (reported separately) problem, we decided not to fix the vehicle.

- , Brooklet, GA, USA

Dec 232014

XL7 Limited 3.6L

UNBELIEVABLE, including the factory installed TC, this will be the FOURTH TC on this vehicle @ 85K miles. I maintain this vehicle very well and it is NOT due to lack of maintenance. Will post back if the extended warranty will cover. FYI, my other XL7 was up for its THIRD TC @ 56K miles when SUZ decided to replace the engine under warranty.

Bottom line, it seems every 20-30K miles, these vehicles need a new timing chain. I cannot believe no class action lawsuit yet......

- , Gh, IL, USA

Feb 152012

XL7 Limited

First TC replacement on this vehicle...

fsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdg

asggggggggggggggd

asdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfg

- , Gh, IL, USA

Nov 012010

XL7

It's well-known that timing chain's age is as of the age of the engine. In this car all three timing chains got stretched. I fixed it outside the dealer workshop that cost me around USD 1500. If it was the dealer to fix this problem, I'd have paid more than USD 2000.

I don't recommend this car to any body, it is full of problems.

- , Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia