NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

1.6

2008 Suzuki XL7 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki XL7:

2008 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Aug 152016

XL7

The contact owns a 2008 Suzuki XL7. While the vehicle was parked, there was a fuel odor emitting from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel system needed to replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 180,000.

- Derby, KS, USA

Jan 172016

XL7

I was sold a vehicle without being informed that approximately 8,000 miles prior the vehicle had major engine issues, as the timing chains had to be replaced. The vehicle was sold with a warranty that the warranty company and dealership fail to comply with. I have contacted the dealership numerous times about various issues the vehicle has had since the first day of taking it off the lot, yet the dealer refuses to correct any issues. While I was driving home from work on route 65 in mid January, the vehicle begin to violently jerk and buck, while loosing speed. I pulled the vehicle over and turned it off, while still on the highway. I let the vehicle sit, having to the vehicle towed to be diagnosed. Once the vehicle was diagnosed, I found that the vehicle would need a new engine. After getting a second opinion, I found that the timing chains were probably the issue. I began to conduct research on the vehicle itself and found that the timing chains were changed at 97K. Now I am stuck with paying on a defective unsafe vehicle.

- Freedom, PA, USA

Aug 272015

XL7

Fuel leak and fuel pump fail no reading even tank full dealer told no problem and make unauthorized charge from me and from factory for fix the fuel pump but not true when went back refuse to fixed and the way back noticed fire on the left we got controlled by help from other drivers on the highway and I was lucky that hapen when trafice was so slow

- New York, NY, USA