NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2.1

2008 Suzuki XL7 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki XL7:

2008 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Jan 172016

XL7

I was sold a vehicle without being informed that approximately 8,000 miles prior the vehicle had major engine issues, as the timing chains had to be replaced. The vehicle was sold with a warranty that the warranty company and dealership fail to comply with. I have contacted the dealership numerous times about various issues the vehicle has had since the first day of taking it off the lot, yet the dealer refuses to correct any issues. While I was driving home from work on route 65 in mid January, the vehicle begin to violently jerk and buck, while loosing speed. I pulled the vehicle over and turned it off, while still on the highway. I let the vehicle sit, having to the vehicle towed to be diagnosed. Once the vehicle was diagnosed, I found that the vehicle would need a new engine. After getting a second opinion, I found that the timing chains were probably the issue. I began to conduct research on the vehicle itself and found that the timing chains were changed at 97K. Now I am stuck with paying on a defective unsafe vehicle.

- Freedom, PA, USA

Jan 152013

XL7 6-cyl

The paint on the rear of the vehicle has chipped off. I expect the rear to start rusting. I can't trade my car in, due to the fact the paint is peeling. The vehicle is no longer worth anything.

- Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Dec 082010

XL7 6-cyl

Runaway Suzuki 2008/XL7 would not stop full engine rev, from 50 to 90+ in few seconds. Both feet on brakes, finally popped engine into neutral. Got to side of highway, engine finally revved down, killed engine. Entering highway at normal speed. Had Suzuki roadside service tow car to dealer in, manchester, nh. Called Suzuki of America and told them of problem. Got my car back on the 28th, out of town, was ready on the 22nd of December. Also talked to Suzuki tech rep for new england. Told me to put his number into my phone, in case happened again. Got all kinds of new parts, winter weather mats and car detailed, free rental. Nothing about this was/is normal. Have never had free anything with a problem with a car. But, then have never been flying down the highway with both feet on brakes and still gaining speed. I didn't call the state troopers as I had both hands full. Did call my husband. I did start the car and drive really, really slow to nearest off ramp and home. Both my husband and I drove the car today on the highway and both agreed it felt and drove different.

- Weare, NH, USA