8.0

1999 Toyota 4Runner accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Toyota 4Runner:

1999 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Nov 142012

4Runner Limited 3.4L V6

The rear hatch is difficult to open, I have to push hard inward on the door as I pull the latch, then pull it open. It's a minimum two hand operation. Then some days it just won't close again, I have to slam it as hard as I can 5-10 times to get it to stay closed. A few times is has flown open as I was driving down the road! Once I was going up a steep hill and I nearly lost all of my cargo! There was a period last winter when the door just wouldn't open for over 2 months. My girlfriend can't get the door opened or closed. I hate this truck, see my other complaints.

- , Athabasca, Alberta, canada