8.0

1999 Toyota 4Runner fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Toyota 4Runner:

1999 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Dec 202012

4Runner Limited 3.4L V6

It got cold one day and the fuel door wouldn't open when I went to get gas. I think the cable froze, because the lever wouldn't move through its travel like usual. I was in a hurry to get to work so after fooling with it for 5 minutes while people waited behind me to get gas, I had to pry the fuel door open with a pair of pliers. This destroyed the fuel door and the paint surrounding it. I'm sure the people waiting behind me had a good laugh.

I later pounded the fuel door straight and now it just hangs there flopping around as I drive around. The fuel release lever never worked again. Just another addition to the aggravation of owning the worst truck I've ever owned. See my other complaints.

- , Athabasca, Alberta, canada