Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.

2003 Toyota 4Runner accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota 4Runner:

2003 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Jul 012013

4Runner Limited 4.7L V8

I cannot get anyone at either the dealership or the factory to give me a straight answer. They want me to bring the car several times even though they have identified the defect and issued a recall. Dealers do not have parts, and I can't get a supervisor at Toyota to help me. I am concerned that this substance that Toyota acknowledges exists, may be toxic.

- , Los Angeles, USA