Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.

2003 Toyota 4Runner transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota 4Runner:

2003 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Feb 142010

4Runner 4X V6

Four wheel drive will not shift, took it to my mechanic he told me that the Actuator is bad and the transfer case needs to be replaced. He also told me that there is a recall but when I called a Toyota rep. they said no. I plan on purchasing another Toyota in the future but if I cannot get help with this one, which I have thoroughly enjoyed, I will have to think about buying another or continuing to refer others.

- , Reading, PA, USA