CarComplaints.com Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.

8.0

2003 Toyota 4Runner windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota 4Runner:

2003 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

May 022014

4Runner LX V6

I opened the sunroof to full open, it was a nice day, and then it made a clicking sound. I pushed the tilt up switch to return it to closed and that was all she wrote. It's been stuck in the open position since.

I have been reading blogs about this problem, and have heard references to a TSB about the repair, maybe with a diagram and some instructions, but I can't find it.

The internet is full of people who claim to know the answers but there are no links to any PDF that I can find and I have read through all the Hanes repair and online diagrams for window repairs.

I hope someone can find the PDF of the TSB for the sunroof and link it here, I would be grateful. Am just getting started on taking the interior apart so I can see why it jams on the drivers side and tries to close on the passenger side. Probably a cable break, I will take a couple of pics.

- , Kelowna, BC, canada