CarComplaints.com Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.

8.0

2004 Toyota 4Runner brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota 4Runner:

2004 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Jan 102007

4Runner Limited 4.0L

my front and rear calipers have gotten stuck. My parking brake has gotten stuck and it makes a big thud sound every time I try to drive. I've had this problem a couple of times and its cost me $900 or $1000. Each time my brakes have been smoking and very hot to the touch. Has anybody heard any solution for this problem.

- , Billerica, MA, USA