Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.

2006 Toyota 4Runner engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota 4Runner:

2006 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Mar 062006

4Runner 4WD 6-cyl

I recently purchased a new 2006 Toyota 4 runner. I have had nothing but motor transmission, electrical failures. I have only had my vehicle for 1 month and anything and every thing has gone wrong. I even had to give my daughter cpr on the side of the road due to carbon monoxide inhalation. She went into respiratory failure do to this she has severe asthma.

- Casper, WY, USA