2.7

2010 Toyota 4Runner brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota 4Runner:

2010 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Sep 052014

4Runner 6-cyl

I was making a left turn at low speed at a traffic light. Suddenly the ABS, brake and traction control warning lights lit up on the dashboard. At the same time, a continuous, high pitched alarm sound went off. I came to a full stop at another traffic stop. At that point my foot was on the brake and the brake depressed to the floorboard. I placed the car in park and pumped on the brakes and they did pump back up. I parked the vehicle close by and had the car towed to the nearby Toyota dealership. They diagnosed the problem as a failed master cylinder and quoted me a price of $3000 including parts and labor for repairs. Both the dealership and Toyota stated that there were no tsb's or recalls currently on the vehicle.

- Dublin, OH, USA

Feb 112014

4Runner 6-cyl

After starting my vehicle the ABS and stability control lights came on and never went off. My anti lock braking and traction control do not work now. I just found out Toyota is recalling several models from 2012 and 2013 for the same problem and my vehicle is not listed. Do I have to have an accident or injury before it is added to the recall"?" sounds like a lawsuit to me. I have a 2010 4runner.

- Lakewood, OH, USA

Dec 182012

4Runner

I have brakes hydraulic problem on my 2010 4runner, I brought to dealer 3 times in the past but they insisted there was no issues with the brake system. The brake paddle when depressed had hissing sound, seemed like there was air leaks somewhere..when pressed down the brake paddle, the vehicle would accelerate a bit then the brakes hydraulic applied. It is very scary when I was on freeway with 70-80 mph. If you have resolve the problem.. with the engine turns off, I still hear the hissing sound every single time I step on the brake pedal. And the service adviser in dealer said its normal"?? and the brakes took couple milliseconds to response when brake pedal compress??"

- Pflugerville, TX, USA