2010 Toyota 4Runner seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota 4Runner:

2010 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 292015

4Runner

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V743000(seats) and 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

Jun 152016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

Jun 012016

4Runner

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kapaa, HI, USA

Jul 012016

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

May 162016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) in mid May 2016. The parts were not available to schedule the recall repair appointment. The dealer was contacted several times and, months later, indicated that it may be six months before the parts would be available to receive the recall repair. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jul 092016

4Runner

Takata inflators I recieved my notice concerning the recall due to the takata inflator of the passenger airbag back in July 2016. Until now I keep reading that there is no remedy available yet. This is taking too long.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 152016

4Runner

Takata recall front passenger airbag. I can`T use my car because I always need to use the front passenger seat.

- Trujillo Alto, PR, USA

Jul 252016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Borger, TX, USA

May 022016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Signal Hill, CA, USA

Jun 232016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jun 302016

- Brenham, TX, USA

Aug 082014

4Runner

Takata recall- please fix!!!!!!!!!!!

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 092016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Anselmo, CA, USA

4Runner

The front seat passenger air bag has a takata air bag inflator and has been recalled for my vehicle located in zone A- Florida. The propellant has been degraded by high humidity and can cause inflator rupture during deployment. This will project metal fragments through the airbag striking the occupants resulting in serious injury or death. With this warning I can not put anyone in my passenger seat for fear of even more serious injury from an accident or air bag deployment. It appears that Toyota is trying to pass liability to the vehicle driver/owner with this important safety warning. There are no replacement parts expected for over 6 months and local Toyota dealer that services my vehicle does not have a loaner vehicle in kind that will meet my transportation 4X4 requirements. I fear excessive injury to my passengers and can not allow my family to ride in my vehicle. The vehicle is like a time bomb waiting to explode upon impact. I want a new vehicle that is safe for my family.

4Runner

I have been advised that there is an important safety recall regarding the airbags in my Toyota 4runner. Toyota does not have a remedy yet, but has advised me that I should not have a passenger in my front seat. This is not a realistic option. Either Toyota makes this remedy available in 14 days, or provides me a loaner car until the remedy is available. Otherwise, I consider Toyota fully liable for any incidents from an airbag inflating improperly and causing damage to anyone in the car.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jul 262016

4Runner

Takata recall...my dealer is not able to resolve this in a timely manner. I am asking for the airbag to be disabled as I need the front seat for family members and for work. At work, my vehicle is utilized for police operations. This defect leaves me with only three seats (three passengers). This is not possible for my daily driving, and for my work responsibilities. If this is not possible, then I am asking for a rental vehicle until airbag is replaced.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jul 232016

4Runner

Takata recall I received a recall in the mail this past week to no longer drive with a passenger in the front until a remedy becomes available. When I called the dealership to find out when I could replace my passenger side airbag they said it could be months from now before the part is available. I said that is not feasible for me to not take a passenger in my SUV for months! I was told I could possibly rent a car for 4 days at a time only if I had a very valid reason to rent it. Also I would need to come back every 4 days with another valid reason to continue to obtain a rental vehicle. This is absolutely unacceptable and unreasonable! especially since Toyota does not have an eta of when the replacement part will become available.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Jul 252016

4Runner

Takata recall I believe the Toyota action plan is negligent in response to a known defect with potentially fatal consequences. As I have been notified by letter, my vehicle is equipped with the defective inflators and located in the region of most detrimental climate. The vehicle has also been in service long enough to invoke the known safety concern. Both the problem and solution are known (unit replacement) yet Toyota has no *current* schedule or recall action to replace the airbags. This is clearly a financial decision, not a safety decision nor an engineering decision. There is no justifiable reason to delay this process. The recommended interim solution (between now and an unspecified date) is to only operate the vehicle without a front seat passenger-- this is not a solution, as it leaves the vehicle non-functional to its primary purpose as a multi-passenger conveyance. This also neglects the fact that a high velocity projectile can cause great damage or injury whether a passenger is present or not. As a citizen and customer, I would like to formally file a complaint that the delayed recall process is completely unacceptable.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 152016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact was informed by the dealer that there were no available parts to perform the recall repair. The contact called the manufacturer and was informed that they could not provide an estimated time frame for when the parts would become available to remedy the defect. The dealer also advised the contact to park the vehicle and not drive it until the recall repair was ready. The contact was not offered a loaner or rental vehicle. The contact was unable to have the vehicle repaired within a reasonable amount of time. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Austin, TX, USA