2010 Toyota 4Runner seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota 4Runner:

2010 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

4Runner

Takata recall not safe to carry passengers in car rendering car unsafe and not usable need to carry max passengers and cannot due to safety warning

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

4Runner

Takata airbag recall on May 2016, and there still is no remedy schedule after almost 9 months.

- San Marino, CA, USA

4Runner

"takata recall",I no longer have a vehicle for long distance traveling because the recommended safety precaution no passenger in the front seat poses problems when performing daily activities, traveling for vacations and engaging in other family activities. If the airbags need to be replaced I respectfully request the service to be performed and completed before our next schedule vacation. If this can't be accomplished I would like to request a rental voucher for the same type of vehicle for our annual trip. The takata recall has render the vehicle practically useless for the intent and purpose of the purchase. How long before this is resolved?

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 102017

4Runner

The recall for takata airbags issued May 2016 goes unremidied as I have to continue to travel for work across multiple zones with high humidity. The suggestion to have no front passenger is ludicrous and has deemed my vehicle unfit for its purpose. "in the event of rupture, metal fragments may/will pass through the airbag, striking the occupant and result in injury or death." Let's think about that for a moment as you drive you family members home.

- Newport, WA, USA

May 152016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced any failures. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA

Jan 062017

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Choctaw, OK, USA

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Aug 202016

4Runner

I purchased a 2010 Toyota 4runner in December 2015, making payments every month. I called five different Toyota dealers and one out of five was wonderful enough to protect our safety and made sure Toyota gave us a rental until the part becomes available. The part was/is suppose to become available Jan 2016. I feel better and safer driving a vehicle that I own and paying for with full coverage insurance. I understand Toyota supplied a rental but I got this vehicle for my wife for a christmas present in 2016 and she has only got to drive it 8 months and it has been park since 08/2016.

- Starkville, MS, USA

Dec 142016

4Runner

Takata recall - received a letter from Toyota in June 2016 stating that my front, passenger airbag was recalled due to "the propellant in these inflators may degrade after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity and fluctuating high temperatures. Degraded propellant can cause inflator rupture during airbag deployment. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, striking the vehicle occupants, and result in serious injury or death." It has been 6 months and I have contacted Toyota to find out what the hold up is and if there is an anticipated date for when I will have my air bag replaced. They stated that the reason is because they have a high number of vehicles and they are working on the oldest vehicles first and then moving up. They do not have an anticipated date for the remedy and their only suggestion is to not have anybody ride in the front, passenger side and if I do need to have my car at capacity then I need to get a rental!

- League City, TX, USA

Jun 092016

4Runner

Takata inflator - it has been six months since my vehicle airbag was recalled and I have been unable to drive with a passenger. Toyota cannot provide a time frame for when my vehicle will be repaired and will only provide a loaner vehicle if I leave my vehicle at the dealership. The dealership will not be liable for any damage done while they possess my vehicle.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Jun 092016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Carson, CT, USA

Aug 012016

4Runner

I lost use of my 4runner since August 2016. I called Toyota several times and last talked to randall (888-270-9371 Toyota case number 161-130-2456) on Nov 30, 2016. Randall does not have an estimated time to fix my vehicle. I asked for number of airbag fixed by Toyota in California in each of the past 3 months and the total number of outstanding Toyota with airbag recall issue. Randal cited those info is not available to the public. I asked if Toyota will buy my 4runner back at bluebook. Randall said Toyota does not buy vehicles that are under recall. There are 34 million vehicles under airbag recall, the production of replacement airbags is 1 million per month. Without better info from Toyota, it may take up to 3 years fix my 4runner. Loaners are for short term remedies. When I bought the vehicle, I didnot anticiapte long term lost of use of it plus annual depreciation in value. I like to ask NHTSA to require the recall to be fixed within a specific time frame or the manufacturer to buy back the affected vehicle at bluebook. Thank for your consideration. Eric

- San Marino, CA, USA

May 232016

4Runner

Takata recall. I have received notification of the fact that the airbag in my vehicle is under a recall and have been asked not to use the vehicle until the faulty device has been replaced. I don't have another vehicle so I am forced to use my vehicle. The manufacturer has not contacted me with any remedy. In the mean time I am carefully driving my vehicle. I would like to know what the timetable of a replacement is or at least be kept updated of the manufacturers schedule.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 292015

4Runner

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V743000(seats) and 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 152016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

4Runner

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kapaa, HI, USA

Jul 012016

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) in mid May 2016. The parts were not available to schedule the recall repair appointment. The dealer was contacted several times and, months later, indicated that it may be six months before the parts would be available to receive the recall repair. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jul 092016

4Runner

Takata inflators I recieved my notice concerning the recall due to the takata inflator of the passenger airbag back in July 2016. Until now I keep reading that there is no remedy available yet. This is taking too long.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 152016

4Runner

Takata recall front passenger airbag. I can`T use my car because I always need to use the front passenger seat.

- Trujillo Alto, PR, USA