2010 Toyota 4Runner suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota 4Runner:

2010 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Aug 232014

4Runner

My vehicle is the subject of a recall by the manufacturer ( your # 14V604 ) for more than a year now and I have heard nothing from Toyota. I filed a complaint with your office several weeks ago and have heard nothing. How can a manufacturer be allowed to take more one year to propose a remedy to defect that involves the safety of the vehicle?

- St. Thomas, VI, USA

Jun 012014

4Runner

My wife was at a red light waiting for the light to change when she was hit on the driver side front fender and tire area. No air bag deployed there is over 8,000 dollars in damages the other driver was moving 35+ mph at impact so now along with the whiplash and shoulder bruises and seat belts cuts there mental damage she feel the vehicle is not safe and is afraid to drive it when repaired in closing I feel at the speed of travel on impact the air bag should have deployed.

- Bertram, TX, USA

May 202014

4Runner 4-cyl

No incident to report, but a complaint about the approach being taken by Toyota to remedy the rear suspension problem described in their safety recall #csj. Their plan is to adjust / tighten the rear lower suspension arm, then seal it with epoxy, thus making it no longer adjustable. This would preventy any future rear wheel adjustments / alignments, thus creating a new safety hazard. All over the country, the roads are in bad shape ; I have my vehicles re-aligned at least once a year. I am not interested in having Toyota " fix" my car so that I can't get it re-aligned. I think it is a pretty lame and cheap way to address the issue. Thank you for looking into this.

- Delton , MI, USA