8.2

2011 Toyota 4Runner seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota 4Runner:

2011 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 012016

4Runner

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact stated that the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The recall notification was received in July of 2016. The dealer stated that the part was not available for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Midland, TX, USA

Jan 012017

Takata recall

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jul 152016

4Runner

Takata recall when wilt it be fixed? it has been 7 months since I got recall.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jan 112017

4Runner

Takata recall it's taking too long to remedy this situation. It's been 5 months since I got the letter saying that the airbags are being recalled, and 8 months since the actual recall the letter states that "until the remedy becomes available, we recommend that you do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat." No front passenger!? additionally, after complaining to Toyota hq, I got a call saying to make an appointment with my local dealer, who then said that the parts are not yet available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 112017

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Jan 102017

4Runner

Takata recall. This recall occurred last may and I just today received notice, 10 Jan 2017. There is still no remedy according to the notice. So my car does not meet safety standards that I've been driving my family around in and I have to just hope we don't have an accident?

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jan 102017

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jan 092017

4Runner

"takata recall" - received notice of the recall for my vehicle in July of 2016 stating that I would be notified when a solution to fix the problem was available. It is now January of 2017 and I have yet to be notified of a possible repair date. The recall states that my vehicle is unsafe for someone to ride in the front passenger seat of my vehicle. This is unacceptable as this is my families primary travel vehicle. I believe that my vehicle should have been repaired by now or that my vehicle should be replaced until the option to be repaired is available.

- Haughton, LA, USA

May 231016

4Runner

Takata recall the problem with the air bags has not been resolved and it has been since May 2016. It is unreasonable that no solution has been found in this time period and I have been unable to use the front passenger seat for 6 months. I believe a rental car should be provided until the air bags have been corrected.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jun 092016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Neworleans, LA, USA

Dec 052016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bag) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Starkville, MS, USA

Dec 102016

4Runner

Takata recall : notified of recall in June 2016. It is now December 2016 with no end in sight. No parts available is the answer given every time I call. Ridiculous... apparently there is no problem finding the parts to make new cars...

- Winder, GA, USA

4Runner

Takata recall - I can't use the front passenger seat of my car. I think that is unacceptable when I'm paying Toyota for the car and can't use it. I do not feel comfortable even in the drivers side, how do I know that if the air bag goes off metal parts won't fly around the car and hit someone else. I would like the air bag replaced asap!!! the recall came out in May 2016.

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Takata recall: Resolution lag time

- Rocklin, CA, USA

Jun 012016

4Runner

Takata recall received notification of recall in June, still awaiting remedy. Toyota says no remedy or expected repair date is available yet.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Jun 092016

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Nov 232016

4Runner

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Buford, SC, USA

Aug 012016

4Runner

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Toyota 4runner. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Nov 042016

4Runner

Takata recall so I received a recall notice from Toyota for the takata airbags and called Toyota to fix it they said they don't have parts to fix it and to call again in a few months. A few months past called again and still don't have parts so ask what are my options" is it safe to drive" they say it's safe but just don't have sit in the passenger seat ( can't do that) or they can give me a compact car rental for free. I bought a SUV for a reason and need a bigger vehicle for work and will not accommodate rental for a bigger vehicle. I then agreed for a compact car then said I had to be put on a waiting list because there are none available. This all happened at Toyota marin located in san rafael ca. I then called Toyota corporate and asked if they can accommodate and whether they had any information when this will be resolved and jessica schell said she wasn't sure and started case # 1611031265 for my call and told me someone will contact me the next day about the case. So christina called me today and was rude from the beginning, first she said (her name was christina)my vehicle was safe to drive until you hit a 6-9 year deteriorate phase which then will be unsafe. That would be I believe janruary 2017. I then ask I was told it was shrapnel problem if I got in an accident by the first Toyota marin. Dealership service personal said (garret). So christina said she couldn't accommodate a larger a SUV for me and when I asked for her supervisor she refused to let me talk to him. All I want is a like safe vehicle to drive. I left like the whole time talking to christina from corporate she wouldn't answer my questions and said my vehicle was safe to drive and that it's not a issue.

- San Rafael, CA, USA