6.6

2015 Toyota 4Runner suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota 4Runner:

2015 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Oct 012016

4Runner

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota 4runner. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle vibrated and the steering wheel shook and made a chattering noise. The tires were replaced because the contact thought they were the cause of the failure; however, the failure continued. The dealer was notified. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 27,000.

- Concord, NH, USA

Oct 012014

4Runner

There is a clunking sound coming from the front of the vehicle, sounds like suspension... I mentioned it to the tech at the 5000 mile check, and the 15000 mile check. They could not find the cause. It is only present when the temps are below about 40 F or so. It is heard when the vehicle goes over small bumps at a low speed. Even more pronounced on a gravel road.

- Glencoe, MO, USA

Jan 192016

4Runner

I have a new 4runner that I was not pleased with how it was handling. I took it into an independent wheel alignment shop to get an objective opinion. The results are included in the attached document. 10 out of 14 of the settings were out of specification. I paid to have these items fixed. My car now tracks better. Corners better and has a more stable ride. These settings were so bad I now realize that I was in car that was not as safe as it should have been. I have submitted this attachment to Toyota usa and the dealer and the only response has been they will file my complaint. I am amazed that Toyota did not consider this a manufacturing defect that they should remedy as part of a new car sale.

- Redmond, WA, USA