8.0

2000 Toyota Avalon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Avalon:

2000 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

May 052012

Avalon LX

To turn the car on I have to take the steering wheel and forcefully turn it left and right. Move also the shifter to neutral. I also try to press the brake at the same time. Play with the ignition key moving it.

Mechanics have not been able to duplicate the problem. The car was also checked by a Toyota dealer and the problem was not identified; now it is happening very often and creating a security and safety issue.

I checked the recalls for this car associated with this situation I did not find an answer although I have read lots of related complaints. I have not found a technical service bulletin on the issue either. I am planning to change the ignition or the starter but probably is a try and error solution. There is no problem with the battery or the cables to it. Please advise.

- , BUSHKILL, PA, USA