8.0

2000 Toyota Avalon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Avalon:

2000 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Dec 152008

Avalon XL V6

My 2000 Toyota Avalon has suddenly accelerated over the years at least 10 times. I never did anything about it because when it happened, the times that it happened were spaced so far apart. Another thing, it only happened when it was EXTREMELY cold outside. I can't remember it ever happening during regular weather days. What would happen is I'd be driving, I'd press the accelerator, and whereever the accelerator was depressed, it would stay there after I eased up of the pedal. I had to pump the gas pedal (not apply the brake) to make it pop back up. It was really weird the first time it happened. I never took it into a dealer, because I knew they'd not be able to reproduce the problem because it didn't happen all the time to me. Interestingly, I still have the car, but it hasn't happened even once this year. I believe it's because we've had a pretty mild Chicago winter as compared to the past Chicago winters.

- , Chicago, IL, USA