6.0

2000 Toyota Avalon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Avalon:

2000 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Sep 042007

Avalon XLS

In Sept '07 I took my 2000 Toyota Avalon to the dealership because it was running rough and the lifters were knocking . It had an oil leak and I was adding 2 or 3 quarts in between oil changes.I figured it was time for a tune-up. They changed the timing belt and told me that the oil leak wasn't anything to worry about and that I should use an oil additive with each oil change. This last week ,May 1, it was making the knocking sound again so we took it to another mechanic. They pulled the pan and found it full of sludge and metal filings.

I took it back to Toyota and it so many words they told me that it wasn't their problem and that they hadn't heard of any complaints on the Avalon.

I'm Frustrated and don't know what to do now.

Does anyone know if this oil sludge in the engine was realized before May of 2004? If so would you please email me and let me know where I can find that information.

- , St. George, UT, USA