2001 Toyota Avalon wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Avalon:

2001 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Aug 232004

I have had 2 of the 4 general tires that came on my 2001 Toyota Avalon fail recently. Fortunately neither one caused an accident. The first failure was discovered when I took my car to the dealer for a wheel alignment because the car was pulling to the right. The dealer informed me that the tire had separated and I had them replace it with the spare tire. I discovered the second tire had failed when I took it to a tire store because it was low and I suspected a puncture in the tire. I asked them to check the tire for a problem because I had experienced a slight front end shimmy between 5 and 10 mph. While the tire was being checked the mechanic discovered that the tire had a separation. These tires have only 26,000 miles on them and I have always kept them properly inflated and I rotated and balanced them every 6,000 miles. Have not checked the other two tires that came with my car but have not noticed a problem.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA