4.0

2004 Toyota Avalon lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Avalon:

2004 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Oct 102009

Avalon 6-cyl

My 2008 Toyota Avalon had the high beam light fail after approx. 30000 miles. I took it to the dealer and told them the high beam did not work. I was insulted when they asked, "what do you mean they don't work"? I told them, "they don't turn on". I was told they both burned out and I said there was no way they would both burn out at the same time. Their insults continued with, "their the same age so they certainly could burn out at the same time." I explained when I went to turn them on one night, all lights in the car went out and I heard a pop sound. I was able to get the regular lights back on but the high beams have never come on since. After they checked the car I was informed, "they didn't just burn out, they blew up". even with their statement the dealer would not admit to any electrical problems with the car. They were going to charge me $250 per light. With their attitude, I didn't get them changed. I made another mistake with this dealer when I got the oiled changed several months later. Toyota now provides a bogus safety report. My report stated all the lights worked. It also stated my rear window wiper was in excellent shape and didn't need to be replace. If you've ever seen an Avalon, it doesn't have a rear window wiper. I guess the virtual one works just fine.

- Lake In The Hills, IL, USA