2006 Toyota Avalon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Avalon:

2006 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Feb 232006

Avalon 6-cyl

While driving down the freeway in my 2006 Toyota Avalon limited, I reached down on the left side of the dashboard to activate a shade screen for the back window in order to defray glare from headlights and I pressed the trunk button by mistake. (which is located very near by) the trunk opened while I was driving caused me to divert my attention from the road momentarily trying to figure out what had happened. I feel that this is a dangerous feature, allowing the trunk to be opened by accident while driving. I was told that there is a switch in the glove box that will lock out the trunk button. The problem with that is, we have a smart key system and there is no way to open the trunk from the outside of the car when that by-pass switch is used.

- El Sobrante, CA, USA