8.2

2008 Toyota Avalon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Avalon:

2008 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Avalon 6-cyl

I own a 2008 Toyota Avalon which has the push button start in lieu of a key. When stopping on any incline I discovered that unlike the traditional key used for the ignition that it is possibile to stop the car without putting it into park. The key system forces you to put the car into park in order to get the key out of the ignition.. the new one does not. I was distracted by my wife and a new puppy which was about to vomit and wanted out of the car. When I stopped I failed to put the car into park and while we opened the doors the car started to roll and could have caused serious injury.I realize this could happen with the old key system. However, this would have been lot less likely in the "old" key system and I believe the new key less system is therefore a design defect and a seriuos accident waiting to happen. Thank you for listening.

- Prospect, KY, USA