2.6

2011 Toyota Avalon accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Avalon:

2011 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Mar 252015

Avalon 6-cyl

On 3/25/15 the front passenger door locked and could not be unlocked with fob or switch on drivers door. After about 5-10 minutes it unlocked. Since then they same thing has happened to both rear doors at same time. When hitting the unlock button on fob the door beeps several times, but does not unlock. I gave up trying to unlock it and went to my next destination. After coming out, the rear door unlocked normally. I never know now when the doors will unlock, and am afraid I will get totally locked in or out at some point. I have an appt. On Thursday at Toyota to have it checked out. Hopefully they can find the cause. I have read online that it could be a fuse, bad relay or wiring issue. We shall see what they say.

- Almond, NC, USA

Apr 232013

Avalon

The passenger and rear door locks do not open with the remote key nor with the door-lock switch on the driver's door. The passengers could not enter the car. Their door had to be unlocked manually from inside the vehicle. This is a serious personal safety issue if you have an emergency and need quick entry for any reason...storm, fire, explosion, personal attack. The Toyota dealer could not find a cause.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

[an error occurred while processing this directive]