3.5

2011 Toyota Avalon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Avalon:

2011 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Mar 022015

Avalon

My drivers door lost a nut on the top bolt of the door closing mechanism. The door began to click when opened and closed. Within a week the bottom nut of the same door closing mechanism began to pull through the metal. Toyota dealership refused to repair it and sent me to a body shop. The body shop manager told me he had seen this same issue lately on a lot of Toyota. I had to pay for my repairs when it was caused by normal door opening and closing. No excessive use or incident such as wind was involved I have owned this car since it was new. I'm not sure if it is an issue with how tightly Toyota is putting the bits on or an issue with a part, but it causes damage and costly repairs. Toyota should be accountable.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA