2011 Toyota Avalon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Avalon:

2011 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Feb 252014

Avalon 6-cyl

February 25, 2014, I arrived for my 2 P.M. doctor's appt and drove very slowly into a parking space. I was constantly braking because the Toyota Avalon sport 2011 has lots of low trim in the front of the car and I did not want to scratch the car. I kept my foot on the brake, stopped the car, then opened the door to check the white line to see if I was in my parking space. Then, the motor began accelerating very rapidly. Before I could turn the engine off, the car lunged forward and I felt like I was airborne. Within seconds, the car hit the very tall heavy metal and glass doors of the doctor's office and stopped. The car was covered with glass. The metal doors of the office were damaged. Please note, the airbags did not deploy. The entire front of the car: Grill, headlights, fenders and hood were damaged. Thankfully no one was injured.

- Tampa, FL, USA