7.4

2014 Toyota Avalon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Avalon:

2014 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Aug 272016

Avalon

Dash chrome trim. On every sunny day the bright work on the dash reflect the sunlight in to your eyes.this temporarily blinds you. I have complained to dealer. I was told there is no problem. I have seen other complaints on the internet. So I am not the only one. I have read on the 2016 models they have removed or dulled T hetrim.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Aug 272016

Avalon

Forward collision avoidance system. Recall 15V728000. Recall was done. Now there seems to be no automatic braking. I have run up on other cars and there is no brakes applied or warning chime.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Avalon

This complaint concerns NHTSA recall number 15V72800 regarding the pre-collision system. The recall is dated 11/3/2015. I received notification from Toyota on 12/8/15 and disabled the pcs feature as instructed on that day. Numerous contacts to Toyota since then and still no action on a final fix.this is an important safety feature that I paid for - and I feel it is time for resolution. Your help please.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Avalon

Toyota Avalon pre collision system (pcs) was deactivated due to safety recall on November 3, 2015. Nearly four and half months have gone by and Toyota does not have a remedy to fix the problem. The 2016 models which are essentially identical have not been affected which leads me to believe a remedy has been identified. How much longer must consumers wait before the vehicles will be repaired.

- Denton, TX, USA

- Denton, TX, USA

Oct 232015

Avalon

While driving a 40 mile distance on a two lane road the console became extremely hot to the point that the water in my container became very warm. The entire area was hot to touch. Cause is unknown. I mentioned it to the dealer and was told that if it was not happening at the time, they could not do anything. It has happened only once to this extent. A second occurrence was only slightly warm.

- Southport, NC, USA

Apr 052014

Avalon

The 2014 Toyota Avalon has a back up camera with a complex set of geometric colored boxes in the image on the screen that appears when the car is put in reverse gear. The owner's manual does not have an entry for the back up camera. So, what do these various colored in the back up camera screen mean" is information for this safety device required to in a reference book provided to the owner by the manufacturer"

- Potomac, MD, USA

Dec 292015

Avalon

I received a letter informing me of a problem with the pcs system(recall 15V728) and told to immediately turn it off, to schedule an appointment and the dealer would disable the system until a fix was provided. The dealership responded that they were doing nothing until a fix was available. What should I do or what should be done?

- Cumming, GA, USA

Oct 012015

Avalon

The pre-collision system activated without anything in front of the Avalon while driving up an airport ramp. My daughter was travelling about 25 mph and the car initiated a hard braking with the driver seat belt tightening. The car did not stop completely which was fortunate as there was a car behind me. It happened on 10/1/15. In reviewing potential recalls today based on my VIN, I noted a recall for the pre-collision system. I am scheduled 12/3/15 to have the system shut down at the local Toyota dealership as an interim remedy. Calvin chew

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 292015

Avalon

While traveling in the left lane at highway speed with no other vehicles in the lane in front of us for at least 100-150 feet, the collision avoidance system randomly engaged. This caused the vehicle to brake very hard, which caused us to decelerate rapidly (losing 20-30 mph in a short distance). The warning beeps that are normally associated with rapidly approaching another vehicle/barrier in front of the vehicle also were sounding, and a warning light came on the instrument panel. In addition, the seatbelts on both front seat occupants locked and drew us forcefully down and backwards into the seats. This last approximately 2 seconds, at which time the beeping stopped, the emergency braking stopped and the seatbelts loosened. The driver was able to maintain steering input throughout and the vehicle continued driving normally afterward. At no time during this event was another vehicle, animal or barrier in front of the vehicle and there were no near-collisions that would or should have caused the system to engage.

- Parkville, MD, USA