2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid:

2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 022015

Avalon Hybrid

Pre-collision radar system (safety recall)the vehicles, under certain situations, the pcs (pre-collision system) could interpret a steel joint or plate in the roadway as an object that triggers pcs activation. If this occurs, the pcs warning buzzer sounds and the system will apply the service brake automatically. Unexpected braking could increase the risk of a crash or very dangerous situations.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Nov 152015

Avalon Hybrid

My Avalon hybrid was "recalled" over 6 months ago for the Toyota safety sense package. Consumer reports says this is a very important safety feature so I purchased the safest possible car. But, the car still lacks this feature. When will I get this safety feature installed?

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 032015

Avalon Hybrid

My name is robert kuzniewski and I am a disabled veteran. On May 25, 2015 I was in a severe accident and now I am 100% disabled. After the accident I wanted a vehicle with every safety option possible because I have ptsd about driving. I bought a 2015 Toyota Avalon hybrid limited that had pre-collision system (pcs) that helps prevent accidents. In December I received a recall for the pcs system that was dated 11/03/2015 telling the pcs had flaws and I had to turn off the system. I was not happy because that was the main reason I bought the car because it made it safe. On January 14,2016 I took the Avalon hybrid to auto nation Toyota in pinellas park Florida for the 5000 mile checkup. I asked about the pcs recall and they had no information on the recall and no timeline for a fix. I was not happy with that response because one of the features that made me feel safe driving was eliminated with no fix in sight. I also receive an email from a Toyota customer service representative stating that there was no timeline for a repair or parts replacement. A rental vehicle was also offered but it would also not be safe as a vehicle with a pcs system. I want Toyota to fix my car or replace it with a 2016 Toyota Avalon hybrid with pcs. The 2016 Toyota Avalon hybrid does not have a problem with the pcs system. I am fully disabled and don't feel comfort driving my vehicle anymore. I feel Toyota has let me down and basically has done a breach of contract. I have a case number with Toyota. The case number is 1602013853.

- Trinity, FL, USA