1. had to replace all struts and mounts at 58,000 miles! (1 reports)
1997 Toyota Camry suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Camry:

1997 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Sep 242008

Camry LE 2.4L

I had to replace the struts and mounts on a '97 Camry with just 58,000 miles! Can you believe this? I heard a knocking noise on the passenger side and had it checked out by my mechanic. He showed me where the struts had been bouncing against the hood of my car...about to go through the hood! My mechanic said I was very fortunate that the worn out struts and mounts did NOT cause the hood to eject and cause a terrible accident!

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 222006

Camry

IS THER A RECALL? THIS WHY I PURCHASED A TOYOTA FOR ITS NAME. WHAT HAPPENED TO TOYOTA? HELP!!!!!!! THE STRUTS AND STRUT MOUNTS WHERE BOTH BAD. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME AT 170000 MILES.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA