1998 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota Camry:

1998 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 191999

Camry

Driver's seat does not lock into place on occasions resulting in movement. Mjs

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 301999

Camry

With the squeaks and cracking noises that comes from the suspension make you wonder. I have had a number of lube jobs on the front suspension. I have had the drivers seat track replaced because of to much movement... a rocking chair. The dealer finally supported me on the squeaky brakes with the unbearing feeling of that grind. The repair kit works. The Camry has a great feel when driving a speed limit under 45mph, anything over that speed the car suspension doesn't handle well. My car pulls to the right most of the time. I thought it was the tires. I have had them rotated and balanced according the the maintenance schedules. The Goodyear integerity's has to be replaced. All I got out of them is 32,000 miles. Fuel is another thing I brought up at my last service. Putting a lower grade 83 oxctain makes the car exhaust smell really bad. This started around 18,000 miles or so. Now just not to get that smell, I'm using the highest grade possible 93 oxctain. Other then that the car has been really go to me. My service advisor has worked really hard in getting my trust. He hasn't fail me yet. Thanks, spencer

- Lithia Springs, GA, USA