1998 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota Camry:

1998 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 302000

Travelling the freeway, I needed to slow the vehicle but when I started to move my right foot, something held it in place. I lifted my right foot and proceeded to depress the brake pedal but the pedal would not move. I two-footed the brake pedal and heard something crack afterwhich the pedal started to move and I rgained the use of my brakes. An examination revealed a plastic duct wedged between the brake pedal and the floor board. The duct was part of the ventilation system which had fallen off and wedged between the brake pedal and the floor board.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA