2001 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Camry:

2001 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 072001

In addition to the transmission problem, since I bought the car last August, it has been a nightmare for me. At the time of purchase, the molding on the right side of the car was damaged, the dealer promised they would replace it, they never did, they just painted it, two days later the paint came off. The car was also delivered to me without the wheel nut wrench and the jack handle. I discovered it when I got a flat tire on 11/21/01, went to the dealer to claim those parts, the manager in charge refused to cooperate, I contacted the manufacturer who agreed to give me those parts at no cost to me. Both the manufacturer and the dealer showed no concern about the safety of myself and my family that I was driving without those critical parts. While taking care of this, to make matters wrost, I discovered that my car, before I bought it on 07/23/01 was in a collision and the dealer never informed me of it. When I contacted both the manufacturer and the dealer, they refused to cooperate. Please advise me on how to proceed to handle this malfaisance form this dealership. Thank you

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA