2001 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Camry:

2001 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Nov 262014

Camry 4-cyl

I was hit by a speeding driver in cross traffic. (a lot of people a running through red lights!) the front bumper and grill area was badly damaged, right headlamp assembly was torn off and hood was buckled. My seat belt did not stop me from being thrown forward and the airbag did not deploy, causing my head to hit the windshield, breaking the glass. I received medical attention for my head injury. Two safety systems that failed. My car has been "totaled" by the insurance company.

- Pittsburg, CA, USA

Mar 192005

Camry 4-cyl

First Toyota is claiming that they wont be responsible for rust through since first they said we washed the car the wrong way when in fact we have life time free car wash in the dealership where we bought the car from. Then the debris inside the inner door locks and under the hood next to the engine it self wont be covered since it is abnormal driving. Well if you drive on the highways of il and this is abnormal then by all means general public should be aware of that right"??"

- Wheeling, IL, USA