1. replace catalytic converter (1 reports)
2001 Toyota Camry exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Camry:

2001 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Sep 152011

Camry V6

Catalytic converter problem about a month after I got it out of the dealership with 140000. Had current emissions so it wasnt a problem until emissions came up again. The check engine light was on for a whole year. Got a non toyota catalytic converter bc it was cheaper and I had no money. It did nothing. Check engine light came back on. Got a waiver to waive emmissions for thr year. Check engine light stayed on. I couldn't drive my car for 3 months before it got emmissions waiver. It is now a problem again a year later. I havent had my car in a month waiting for the mechanic to fix it. Didnt havr money to buy new car but now I have to because this car just won't get fixed its ridiculous. Thought toyotas were supposed to last forever!!!!!!!!!

- , Na, GA, USA