$1,800.00

2001 Toyota Camry exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Camry:

2001 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 252011

Camry V6

Oh where do I start. I purchased this car in august 2011 and shortly after this white smoke started coming out of the back pipe of the car. This happened every time I turned the car on and apparently everytime I accelerated. It smells of oil therefore it is the oil burning on the engine. I had to replace the oil every two weeks. I was buying oil like I was buying gas. I dont know if this contributed to the check engine light being on and later me having to replace the catalytic converter. A year later our mechanic replaced the intake valve seals but this did no good. He is currently working on it to find the solution and I havent had a car in a month. This car cannot currently pass emmissions so even if I do get it back I won't be able to legally drive it . In the process of buying a new car :/ I don't blame the car but I don't think its previous owners took care of it too well.

- , Na, GA, USA