2002 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Camry:

2002 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 262007

Camry SE V6

On January 18, 2007, I was driving into work in snowy and icy conditions. I tap my brakes to slow down but the car seemed to speed-up. I was driving about 20mph. The anti-lock system engaged. I heard growling sound and the wheels felt mushy. There was pulsation in the steering wheel and the brakes. Then my hands was blasted off of the steering wheel up into the air toward the roof of the car and at the same time my foot was blasted off of the brake pedal. Then I felt a strong pulse in the driver seat which ejected me out of the seat up toward the roof. I lost control of the car and did a 180 into the opposite lane. I was lucky that no other car was in that lane because some could get seriously injured.

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA