2002 Toyota Camry seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Camry:

2002 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Nov 022005

Camry LE 4 cyl

I was rear-ended while stopped at a red light. A large SUV struck us, shoving us into another larger SUV. Despite our Camry suffering extensive frame and body damage, the airbags failed to deploy, resulting in serious whiplash and shoulder belt abrasions for my 15-year old daughter. My injuries were far more serious, resulting in 5 epidural injections, two neck surgeries (one being a spinal fusion), and constant pain since the accident.

I have seen accidents with dramatically lower forces involved where the airbags deployed properly.

- , Mountain View, CA, USA