2002 Toyota Camry transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Camry:

2002 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 302002

Camry

I also have another issue with my new Camry that has been happening. While decending down a hill ( between 40 and 45) and when I apply the brakes the car will down shift very (can even hear/feel a cluck) hard. This has been happening quite often and is not normal.

May 292002

Camry

I have just purchased a 2002 Camry le V6 automatic (with overdrive). I have 450 miles on the vehicle at this time. I am not very happy with the way the car shifts when left in overdrive. I travel 25 miles one way on back roads at which I can maintain speeds between 40 and 55. Moving along between these speeds I feel the car intermittently holding back and letting go (I can see the RPM's drop by 500 RPM and then go back up again when this happens). This is very annoying to me. This does this quite often on my commute to and from work. The owners manual says to leave the car in overdrive and I only need to take it out when climbing hills at lower speeds and when hauling a trailer. I feel that this should not be doing this in the manner I am driving the car. I have a 1999 Toyota corolla with overdrive which I leave in overdrive all the time and do not notice this type of problem.

May 292002

Mar 212002

Camry

At a constant cruising speed, the automatic transmission abruptly jerks (presumably shifts) when accelerator pedal is released slightly. A clunking noise can also be heard at this time. The ABS actuator also had to be replaced earlier as it was producing a clunking noise after the engine was started and the steering wheel was turned sharply at low speeds.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA