- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 2 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- June 13: Toyota Loses Appeal in Koua Fong Lee Crash news | 9 days ago
- June 4: Toyota Owned Part of Tesla, But Not Anymore news | 18 days ago
- June 3: BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Toyota Will Settle Takata Lawsuits news | 19 days ago
2003 Toyota Camry
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
Worst 2003 Camry cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- coolant leak3
- water pump leaking2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Hose1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.