- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 16 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 23 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 26 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 28 days ago
- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 49 days ago
2003 Toyota Camry
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
Worst 2003 Camry cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- coolant leak3
- water pump leaking2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Hose1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.