Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2004 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Camry:

2004 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 062010

Camry 4-cyl

Problems with the sunroof. Cables broke unexpectedly right after the third year. Dealer said the entire pulley system broke for unknown reasons. Dealer said warrenty had just expired, cost over $1000+ to replace it. Two years ago, while drove on the freeway; the roof exploded, glass dropped all over, it was scary. Paid $800+ and installed the new roof with dealer, a month later the pulley broke again. The dealer said we have to pay $1000+ again. It is different issue than the glass. Total cost over $3000+ for just a sun roof itself. Until now, I haven't replaced yet. I am afraid to keep replacing the pulley system.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 122010

Camry 6-cyl

2004 Toyota Camry xle V6 sunroof stuck. While driving on a highway at 65mph with the sunroof fully opened, it began to rain. I attempted to close it and it would not close. I tried to pull over, but with the rain and some hail on my eyes, it was hard to see the road. I almost had an accident because my sunroof would not close. The dealer informed me that these cars have issues with sunroofs getting stuck, but because my car is out of warranty the dealer will not pay. Dealer estimated approximately $1,200 will cost to fix it.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Mar 112007

Malfunction of my sunroof in my 2004 Toyota Camry SE. Dealership confirmed common problem...

- Mooresville, NC, USA