Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2004 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Camry:

2004 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 132011

My car is garaged, stood on dealer's lot all summer, /had no "new car smell"/, when I bought it new. speaker covers melted down, started last summer. Need to know how to take them out, for Toyota wants to rip me off, by removing backseats, covers..and who knows what not!!!!! for a fortune, WHAT A RIPOFF!Speakers are just fine. This grandma can not afford that. AND there is my daughters Highlander, w/ windows constantly opening, falling down, sometimes even right after the doors are closed, and w/ little children in the back.

NEVER will buy a Toyota again. Never. The only good one, the best we had was the 1985 5 spead Toyota Tercell. Please tell me if U know a way, I will try to pry off these covers in pieces. Those 4 little legs are MELTED into a base, so top could not be pulled/pried off easily. Email me, Toyota is finished. Worried daily for my grandchildren in the Highlander also /was very expensive/ what kind of electrical problems might develop, I am scared.

- , Peoria, AZ, USA