- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- September 13: Toyota Sticky Dashboard Lawsuit Says Warranty Program is Useless news | 12 days ago
- September 4: Lexus Owner Sues Toyota For Not Fixing Takata Airbag news | 21 days ago
- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 38 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 42 days ago
Rear Speaker Cover/Grill Rapidly Deteriorates Under Uv Light
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2005 Camry. It is almost certainly inaccurate.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2005 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that the Camry had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2005 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 60,668 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rotted speaker grills replaced (6 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
accessories - interior problem