- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- September 13: Toyota Sticky Dashboard Lawsuit Says Warranty Program is Useless news | 14 days ago
- September 4: Lexus Owner Sues Toyota For Not Fixing Takata Airbag news | 23 days ago
- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 40 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 44 days ago
Coil Spring Broke
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2006 Camry our "Seal of Awesome" when the NHTSA data shows engine problems in the triple digits & multiple deaths/injuries/crashes etc?
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2006 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
In other words, it's our opinion that the 2 deaths & other injuries/fires/crashes reported to the NHTSA are significant, but (unfortunately) not out of the ordinary for any vehicle, once you factor in the effects of the extended national media coverage of Camry unintended acceleration issues.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2006 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,538 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace coil spring (1 reports)
- replace whole front end suspension (1 reports)